Sugaring Paste for hair removal is 100% natural and contains no harmful wax (that's why we call it "paste"). Due to its healing properties and the gentle technique used during the hair-removal process, it is very popular for sensitive and allergy-prone skin types. Sugaring is the modern alternative to waxing, offering many advantages: much less skin irritation and less pain during the treatment, plus better and longer lasting hair-free results.
Sugaring is an ancient technique passed down through the ages from the old civilizations of Mesopotamia, Egypt and Greece, with Cleopatra as probably its most famous fan.
Sugaring using sugaring-paste hasn't lost its popularity since those times; on the contrary, it is the favourite hair removal method in the Orient and is spreading steadily to the rest of the world. In France it is already the number one preferred method for hair removal and it's booming in Germany and North America.
Sugaring is so popular because it is a gentler, natural alternative to other hair removal methods.
The technique isn't too dissimilar to waxing, but it uses the purely natural components of sugar, citric acid and water.
Sugaring removes the hair from the root but due to the ingredients in the sugaring-paste and the technique employed it hardly irritates the skin and is therefore perfect for sensitive or allergy-prone skin types. It is universally effective for all hair types and colours. You can use it on any part of your body and face, especially the sensitive areas like the bikini line and upper lip.
It really is the best alternative to wax and other hair removal methods!
Sugaring-Paste is 100% natural without any additives. No chemicals, perfumes or preservatives are used. You can feel entirely safe to use it on your precious skin.
Against all expectations epilation using sugaring-paste is not a sticky or unhygienic business at all.
Quite the contrary; it has lots of Benefits:
• Citric acid is an astringent which can tighten the skin, making hair removal easier.
• The healing properties of sugar and citric acid soothe and nourish your skin whilst the hair is being removed.
• Sugaring-paste is water soluble and washes off easily.
• Sugaring-paste is soft enough to sink deeply into the hair follicle opening and strong enough to remove all unwanted hair with a simple neat movement in the direction of hair growth.
• It's easy. You just need a little practice. If you aim to learn the hand technique you'll probably need a bit more practice but it is well worth it and you can always contact us for advice.
• LESS pain: there is only a little discomfort, if at all. Sugaring-paste sticks only to the hair, not to the skin. The level of discomfort experienced differs with each person depending on different factors.
• More than just a hair remover, it also takes dead skin cells from the skin's surface and removes impurities, working as a body scrub.
• It minimizes the risk of hair breakage because it pulls IN the direction of natural hair growth. Hair regrows in its natural direction minimizing the risk of ingrown hair.
• It's even possible to remove early regrowth from as short as 2mm or less. Ideal for summer!
• Sugaring-Paste is extremely cost effective. You don't need much paste for each treatment; with the Strip paste you only use a very thin layer, while with our flicking pastes, a small amount can be used during one treatment until too full of removed hairs.
• The cotton strips and spatulas are easily washed and reused.